Recollection of the ups and downs of 2007 …
- Cantaloupe gave her first stage performance. I directed a dance drama for kids. The kids were 6-8 yr old … so you can imagine the proud moment BP and I shared when our then 2.5yr old daughter matched steps (??) with the others on stage. Though she was not perfect with her steps and did her own things a couple of times during the show, I should not take away any credit from her for just giving a cute/ spirited performance and entertaining the crowd. By the way, she had put on the costume of a baby sparrow and looked adorable!!
- One of my close cousins got married (31st Jan) … the whole wedding arrangement was done by my parents. Both her parents work, and they conveniently passed the wedding responsibility to my parents. Now, let me reserve the details of the same for another post.
- Mama’s visa application was rejected. (L) Researched a lot before applying for visa again. (they had already blocked their tickets and we had planned how we were going to spend the 30 days together)
- Work front, cleared an important exam which added value to my resume J (I studied for a test / exam after a gap of 7 yrs … so it was quite an experience).
- One of my dad’s good friends ended his life … shocking news to all of us!
- BP’s brother transferred all ancestral property to his name … BP was hurt not because he was not given his share, but because he was not even consulted / informed about it until all legal formalities were completed. But BP maintained his dignity and did not speak a word of displeasure… just congratulated his brother.
- Mama’s visa was rejected again … parents arrived here much to the excitement of Cantaloupe. They bonded instantly. (in about 10 mins time … considering she was seeing them for the third time, first time at her birth, second for a short period of 5 days when she was a year old … I should think this was great!!)
- BP elected part of the committee of a local community club.
- Cantaloupe discontinued day care.
- We visited Mount Shasta and Crater Lake. It took us exactly 15 mins to decide we were going to drive to these places and within the next 30mins, we were all set!! It was fun filled experience with my parents and sister’s family
- Sister graduated with Master’s degree… proud moment for me and my family… couldn’t help a tear escape!
- Parents and sister visited the East coast. For most part of the month, parents at my sister’s place.
- Cantaloupe got admission in the pre-school she was wait listed just 2 days prior to school resuming. Yipppee !!!
- The old school ate up their words and refused to refund back our money … a loss of $1000 dollars !! (We are still fighting the case to get back the money … though our chance looks slim ... verbal assurance is hard to prove)
- We went camping in the wild with Cantaloupe and parents for the first time!! Sleeping in a tent on a star studded night, cooking with minimum provision, campfire, dip in the nearby lake … everything was just perfect.
- Jet skied for the first time … Cantaloupe did great as well!
- Parents went back to India. It was hard initially especially for Cantaloupe …
- First complaint about Cantaloupe from her school. (she had not completed her art work and had ignored her teacher’s instruction)
- Watched "Chak De India" with BP in theatre... the only movie watched by BP and I as a couple for the past 3 years. (we have watched 7 movies in theatre in the past 7 yrs of marriage)
- Spent our anniversary relaxing at a beach resort.
- First time thanks giving black Friday experience for BP … he was so excited to buy the flat screen monitor and GPS system for great deals. (not to mention, he had resisted these items for the past 8 months … he was thrilled to bits)
- Work: Project I am working on came to a halt all of a sudden … surprised all of us in the team.
- Cantaloupe got her first pre-school report card ... considering her aggressive / mischievous self, it was shocking to see her score quite nice in 90% of the activities. (she has been asked to practice paper cutting … we are working on that during the break)
- BP takes a week’s break from work to spend time with his dear daughter!
- Missing sister since she is in India for a vacation. (we meet atleast once a week … so this is hard for both of us and Cantaloupe)
- Ramp down of team at work … size reduced from 40 to 10 … glad to be part of the remaining 10.
- Can’t wait for the new year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!