Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yet another surprise ...

Junior enjoys reading with me ... I often read to her ... I have prepared my own slides of fruits, flowers , colors, alphabets , shapes and the like and she loves to sit with me and read. She identifies 10 countries by their flag ... and thats enough for me to think I have a genius of a child .. anyways I digress.

Yesterday Cantaloupe and I were working on a fuse beads project for a prop she was going to use at school, and BP was loading the dishwasher and Junior was sitting her favorite Dora coloring book and a lone crayon. (we were too lazy... sorry busy to get her the crayon box and she just picked one random crayon you can so easily find in every room of our house)
And all of a sudden Junior announces "Appa I wrote A ... Amma .. akka I have wrote A". Stumped by what we heard, we rush to see what she has written and it is indeed A ... the cutest A very possible :) (whatever that means). BP thinks its mere coincidence that what she was scribbling resembled letter A and asks her to write it again ... and she goes "One line ... Two line ... Three Line ... there A"
I simple couldn't believe what I saw. What followed was a long video recording / photo session followed by a crayon box reward :) She has been busy since last night just coloring ... while akka was proud of her sister initially, once the crayon set was given out to Junior, it wasn't pretty anymore :(

16 comments:

The Print Lover said...

Awesome!! How old is Junior?

LOL at the ending. You always keep it real. Makes it all the more enjoyable :)

bitsofchocolate said...

Way to go Junior !! She is a genius !

Cantaloupes.Amma (CA) said...

@TPL: Junior is 2.5yrs old.
Regarding the ending ... well the cute scene turned into a horror complete with whining at top pitch. BP and I tried to explain to akka that Junior deserved her reward in the nicest way possible, but in vain. Then we decided to just leave the matter and left the two alone. And what do we see 5 mins later ... both girls sharing the crayons and congratulating each other on their coloring projects ... basically the message was clear "You guys stay out of our matter"

@PV: Isn't she ??? *So bloats the proud mother again*

R's Mom said...

oh my God..she is 2.5 and can write A awesome awesome awesome..and kala tikka and all that :)

mnamma said...

"One line two line three line A" - cannot get cuter than this!!!

Swaram said...

Puttudu eshtu smart :) Pass on my luv to her pls :)

B o o. said...

awww.... adorable!

Antu can draw triangles. Close enough, right? :D *preens*

Sands said...

How cute! Well you'll figure out the stay out of it message over the years more explicitly ;)

Choxbox said...

Of course she is a genius!

And tell me about the tale of two sisters - sometimes I have to go out of the scene due to xyz reasons and peace reigns and then I think - why didn’t I remember to do that? All the while I can hear from mom laughing in the background even though she is hundereds of miles away - we usde to squabble as kids and when mom would come to intervene we’d gang up on her - payback time now :( :))

Cantaloupes.Amma (CA) said...

@R's mom: Thank you ... thank you ... thank you

@MNIamma: :)

@Swaru: Puttu smart sari ... tumba tarle aadre

Cantaloupes.Amma (CA) said...

@Boo: Antu writes Triangles ... Hooray !!
Now you have a choice to imagine your genius daughter to the next Picasa or William Wordsworth !

Cantaloupes.Amma (CA) said...

@Sands: So you are warning me that they will explicitly ask me to leave the room very soon ??? Sigh !

@Choxy: Of course its payback time ... I hear my mom's laugh multiple times day along with "remember .. I told you so" look.

utbtkids said...

All the things a second child has to do get a simple box of crayons!!!

tsk!tsk!tsk! I strongly disapprove CA ;P

noon said...

Hi CA - I read this post and I was thinking - how old is she - I thought she was just born - she is not even three and she is writing an A!!! KG is 3.5 and only now is beginning to write! Too much!!! Hats off to Junior (and mom)!

Cantaloupes.Amma (CA) said...

@Utbt: We coaxed our older kid to believe the "Bath robe" we bought her was indeed a birthday gift ... we are evil ... aren't we????

@Noonie: I am sure KG will start writing beautifully soon ... and well, Junior has only written few letters ... the post is just mommy imagining her to be extra-ordinary :)

smartassbride said...

"one line..two line..three line" is awesome!

 

My circle of life with BP, Cantaloupe and Junior and much more | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL