Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thus, I became a mom ...

IHM tagged me to do this one... and relive my memory... thank you !

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Yes.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes (always wanted babies after marriage)

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
I am already pregnant ??? Didn't we decide just few days back, we were ready for babies ??? Why isn't BP showing all the Bollywood style reaction. (BP just hugged me and said Congratulations ... lets call up our parents)

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
No way.

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
Well ... just old enough to have a baby :))

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
Good old home pregnancy test.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
BP and I waited for the home pregnancy test results ... and couple of minutes later told our parents.

8. DUE DATE?
Cancerian ... though I think BP was hoping she'd be a Gemini

9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Nope.... sometimes wondered if I was pregnant at all.

10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Ate almost everything ... specially liked Strawberries :)

11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
I rarely got irritated ...

12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
A girl.

13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
Not really ... but almost everyone had told me it was going to be a boy.

14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
42 pounds ... I was huge !!!!!

15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes.... the very next day of my mom's arrival.

16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew about it ... what I didn't know was all the arrangements could be made in less than 24 hours and yet the event would turn just the way it should be.

17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Initially ... I had some spotting / bleeding. I was travelling when spotting started and I thought I had lost my baby... however BP was confident nothing was wrong. Was advised rest for few weeks ... and I was good as ever after that.

18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
California

19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
Four-Five hours.

20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL/BIRTH CENTER?
BP.... we had to drive to the hospital at 2:30 am when my water broke ... BP kept blaberring something ... he was visibly nervous and so was my mom. I was cool as a cucumber :)


21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
BP and the gynae team

22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
C-Section

23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
You bet.

24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
7.4 pounds


25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
9: 42 am :)
The Doctor announced that the time was 9:42am when she pulled out my girl and I could hear the little one's cry loud and clear.

26. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION WHEN THE DOCTOR ANNOUNCED THE SEX OF THE BABY?
I was sedated ... was grinning, was overwhelmed ... could not react much.

27. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST REACTION ON SEEING THE BABY?
Overwhelmed ... before I could react, I almost fell asleep. I think I slept for almost 24 hours on and off.

28. DID YOU CRY?
Nope ... I slept :)

29. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Cantaloupe !

30. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY
She is a four and half.

My first pregnancy was such a lovely phase ... I got ample rest and pampered lot during those days. I miss being pregnant :(

I'd like to tag Usha, Tharini, Kodi's mom, CeeKay, Boo and Poppy... infact all mom's are welcome to take up this tag.

5 comments:

Anusha said...

it all seems so long ago, doesnt it?
and you miss being pregnant??! really? you don't have enough to keep you occupied then ;)

Indian Home Maker said...

Aww loved reading this ... and no morning sickness, does that ever happen!!

And the baby's first cry, isn't that awesome, I was taken aback because the cry was heard so many times in old movies on DD ... It hadn't sunken in ... this was how babies heralded their entry into their world and our lives :)

And trust moms to organise a baby shower in 24 hours :))

So you were in labour for four five hours and then had cesarean?
And love this bit, 'he was visibly nervous and so was my mom. I was cool as a cucumber :)'

Reminded me of how I sensed my mom thinking 'she doesn't know what's coming' when she saw me gush over the first few painless contractions :)
You do see lots of tenderness and pampering when we go into labour ..(getting teary eyed) ....

Hugs to little Cantaloupe and to you too ...
IHM

Usha said...

Enjoyed reading this so much that I went and finished writing mine too.

Collection Of Stars said...

WoW! Very nice :)
Yes, the first pregnancy is beautiful. How about the second? Did you feel the same as in the first?

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

I did this on FB already ! Hmm maybe I can improve on it..

 

My circle of life with BP, Cantaloupe and Junior and much more | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL